Magazine » Buying Guide »
Top 5 Bras to Lift Your Saggy Breasts
With age, comes a lot of good things and while you’re moving past the age, you may notice something that’s not so great about getting older: sagging breasts is one of them. Take a sigh of relief for you are not alone. As you age, it’s normal for some of your assets to start drifting southward. But this process can be slowed down with the right lifestyle & innerwear. To stop your breast from sagging you must know the reasons that cause sagging.
Why Do Breasts Get Saggy?
As a woman ages, the skin loses elasticity, and the breast tissue becomes less firm, leading to sagging breasts. Age undoubtedly plays the main role in breast sagging. However, it’s possible for the breasts to sag at a fairly young age. The other reasons that contribute to the sag of your girls include:
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding: During pregnancy and breastfeeding, the breast tissue stretches and expands, which can lead to sagging.
- Genetics: Some women may be predisposed to sagging breasts.
- Sudden weight changes: Rapid weight gain or loss can cause the skin to stretch and sag.
- Poor support: Wearing ill-fitted bras can make your bra sag. Even not wearing a bra at all can cause the breasts to sag over time. Because gravity will overtime affect your bosoms.
- Smoking: It could be one of the main reasons as smoking accelerates the ageing process, including the skin on the breasts, which can cause them to sag.
- Heavy Breasts: Mostly heavy-bust tends to sag early.
It’s important to note that breast sagging is a natural process and is not necessarily a cause for concern. However, if you are unhappy with the appearance of your breasts or have other concerns, you should talk to a healthcare professional.
Wrong Bra Size Can Also Lead To Saggy Breast
As I already mentioned poor support is one of the main reasons for breast sagging. The wrong bra/band offer minimal to no support to your breasts. This results in saggy breasts over time. Let’s see how:
Almost all of a bra’s support should come from the bra band. If your band is too loose, the weight of your breasts will pull down the front of your bra (mere effect of gravity!).
Actionable: First check if you are wearing the right bra that fits like glove.
How to check: To check whether your bra band fits you well, place two fingers under your bra band. If there is ample space for them then your band size is too big. Try going down one band size and up one cup size. For example, if you are sagging in a size 36C bra, try 34D instead. For more help with the bra sizing, take a fit test.
How to Improve the Condition of Sagging Breasts?
There are several things that can help improve the condition of sagging breasts:
- Exercise: Strength training exercises that target the chest muscles, such as push-ups, chest presses, and flies, can help improve the appearance of sagging breasts by strengthening the muscles underneath.
- Maintaining a healthy weight: Since a rapid change in weight can lead to breasts sagging, hence maintaining a healthy weight can help prevent or reduce sagging breasts.
- Wear a supportive bra: A properly fitting bra can provide support and lift to the breasts, reducing the appearance of sagging.
- Moisturization: Keeping your breast moisturise helps improve skin elasticity and reduce the appearance of sagging. You can do it with
Skivia Breast Firming Oil. Yes, you heard it right! You can prevent breast sagging through a good breast-firming oil too. Regular application of a natural breast-firming oil strengthens and firms breast skin. This isn’t a temporary or quick solution but an effective solution for the long run.
- Consider surgery: In some cases, surgery may be necessary to improve the appearance of sagging breasts. Breast lift surgery, also known as mastopexy, can lift and reshape sagging breasts.
It’s important to remember that breast sagging is a natural process and is not necessarily a cause for concern. However, if you are unhappy with the appearance of your breasts or have other concerns, you should talk to a healthcare professional.
Best Bras To Prevent Breast From Sagging
Those dealing with sagging breasts should pick the right type of bra for proper support. The key to finding the best bra for sagging breasts is finding your right bra size. A properly fitted bra makes your breasts look lifted, perky, and upright, no matter what is your age. For that, find your perfect band size. Almost all of a bra’s support should come from the bra band.
If your band is too loose, the weight of your breasts will pull down the front of your bra. So, first, get a professional fitting test before buying the perfect bra for sagging breasts.
After you know your correct bra size you can explore the following type of bras for sagging breasts.
1. T-Shirt Bra
T-shirt bras are designed with seamless and sleek features that offer plenty of smooth support and lift. They are generally smooth and have moulded cups which give good support to the breasts. It ensures that your breasts look naturally round and slightly lifted. A T-shirt bra knows how to lift sagging breasts and offers excellent support to your sagging breasts while you’re wearing a body-hugging dress or top.
2. Full Coverage Bra
A full-coverage bra is hands down the best option for women with bigger and sagging busts. This bra not only offers full coverage to the breasts but also provides sturdy support by avoiding embarrassing top and side spillage woes. It gives shape to your breasts while posing a gentle lift. It comes with moulded cups which allow your breasts to look in shape. So for those whose breasts are sagging or not in shape, a full-cup bra is the best option for them.
3. Underwired Bra
The underwired bras are your best bet as far as supportive features go. An underwired bra provides plenty of support to the bra to lift the sagging breasts. It is best for those who prefer to go padding-free and lightweight without compromising on the support factor. An underwired bra offers the desired amount of lift which lends a natural shape to the breasts.
4. Push-up Bra
A push-up bra is an excellent choice to be worn by ladies with sagging breasts as it functions against gravity thus offering a lift every woman desires. The plunge feature in the bra is the best match for your deep-neck dresses and also supports the breasts and makes them look close together. The features encompassing this bra can cause it to be officially termed as the no-sag bra.
5. Balconette Bra
If your breasts are less firm, try moving into a demi-cup or balconette style to give you that more rounded and perky look. The cups of a balconette bra are cut in such a way that it reveals more of the top and inner parts of the breasts. The straps are set apart wide for optimum hold and exposure of the breasts. However, make sure you choose a padded balconette bra for your sagging breasts problem. A padded balconette bra supports your breasts and gives them the much-desired round look.
Best Bra Features To Look for To Prevent Sagging Breasts
The only way to sagging breasts solutions is to wear a correct supportive bra. Here are some styles and tips for you when choosing a supportive bra:
- Look for bras with 3 or more hook-and-eye closures for extra strength and support.
- Avoid single-layer bras with moulded cups as these bras are shaped in a specific way, and if your breasts aren’t shaped like that, they will definitely not fit in.
- For fully supported and covered breasts choose a soft cup bra with an underwire.
- Soft cup bras with seams in the cup offer a perfectly shaped and minimized look.
- For those who do not like a big seam, you can always go for a soft seamless cup bra.
- Look for a bra with good side support provided by the extra fabric lining the inside of the cup, and high-side wings.
- While the cups of the bras provide full coverage, the straps and the band play an important role. They are the best that provide your bust with the required support and lift. So, be careful while wearing a bra and make sure that the straps are not too tight and the bands keep riding up.
Breasts come in all shapes and sizes. And, the best part is they all are beautiful in their own ways. So, you should love yourself no matter what.
Latest posts by Kusum Manral (see all)
- Best Valentine Gift for Her - February 5, 2023
- Top 10 Sexy Gift Ideas for Your Valentine This Year - February 1, 2023
- 10 Essential Undergarments Every Woman Must Own - December 9, 2022