Which Type of Bra is Good for Your Health
When it comes to bras, there is no right or wrong one. It all depends on choosing the bra of right size and as per your outfit. Till the time you’re doing that, you mainly fall in the safe zone. However, there are some bras that may be more comfortable to you than others, making it better for your overall health in the long run. If you need rundown on them, we got you covered with all the relevant information below.
How are some bras better than others?
Like mentioned earlier, there is not really a set standard on which bra is better than others, but it is important to understand that different types of bras are crafted for different purposes. While some are good for parties, others for everyday wear, and some others are ideal for working out. Apart from that, a little know-how on the right kind of fabrics and styles can also help you go a long way.
What things should you consider before buying bras?
While the points mentioned below may seem significantly small, they can really make a big difference to your health.
1. Fabric: The first and foremost thing to consider before buying bras is the fabric, especially if you have sensitive skin. Opt for comfier and breathable fabrics, such as cotton as they allow ventilation, making it easier for your body to breathe and be comfortable. This also reduces the chances of skin infection and irritation.
2. Size: One of the main reasons why bras can turn out to be harmful is the size. About 80% women wear ill-fitting bras, so it is imperative for you to get your size measured before buying a bra. Make sure that the bra has a snug fit where its band is neither too tight nor loose. The breasts shouldn’t bulge out from the top or sides and the bra shouldn’t look wrinkled either.
3. Purpose: Last but not the least, it is imperative to determine the purpose. For instance, if you want to hit the gym, you can’t stick to your basic every day or t-shirt bras. You need something sturdier like sports bras that have the ability to deal with high impact and provide support to your breasts.
What other things should you keep in mind?
Apart from the buying tips, we have mentioned some other things as well that will help you maintain bra hygiene.
1. Taking off bra during sleep: After prolonged use of bra during day, it is important to give your breasts some break. It is always advisable to take off your bra during sleep as it helps avoid swelling, buildup of fluid, and improves blood flow.
2. Comfort over style: Sure, all those sexy styles look great and become almost irresistible to ignore, but wearing them daily isn’t a great idea. It is very significant to prefer comfort over style on an everyday basis to be relaxed all day long.
3. Wiring: Either you need to completely do away with underwired bras, but if you do need the support of wires too, make sure you don’t compromise on quality. Cheap or tight wires can dig into your skin and cause skin infections, irritation, or even headache.
What bra is good for your health is all a matter of preference and body type. Just keep the points mentioned above in mind and pave the way to better breasts health.
Latest posts by Anubhuti Gupta (see all)
- Christmas Lingerie Gift ideas for Your Girlfriend or Wife - December 21, 2020
- The Clovia Bride Guide to Curating Your Wedding Trousseau - October 21, 2020
- 7 Vaginal Care Mistakes You Might Be Making - September 29, 2020