Magazine » Lingerie 101 »
It’s Time You Meet The Wonder Called ‘T-Shirt Bra’
Whether you wish to do away with those sneak-peeking bra outlines or desire a flawless look coupled with ultimate comfort, a T-shirt bra will be an indispensable under thing in your wardrobe.
These seamless ‘wonder’ bras go seemingly invisible even under most clingy or tight-fitting garments. T-shirt bras are so versatile that these can be worn by all women regardless of age and their respective choice of clothes.
T-shirt Bra has Varieties!
Yes! You bet, not many of you realized until you read this, even T-shirt bras have types! So before you complain about any bad experience with them, you should realize how it’s important to know about any Bra. Don’t just run into any lingerie without checking on the following points:
These generally serve as everyday bras. Double layers of moulded seamless cups make very thin layer over your breasts so that they do not unnecessarily add to the bulk. But heavily busted women are advised to opt out of this type of bra as they lack a strong support system.
Bra-cups lined with a very thin layer of foam offer great contouring. They act as built-in nipple covers in case you’re wearing an ultra-lightweight t-shirt or top. Besides, they make the figure look more wholesome without adding to the bulkiness factor.
These bras can be either padded or non-padded. Both functions similarly as their seamless cups avoid any bra lines, but with added support from the underwire. Optimum for all body types, these bras provide the much desired support with comfort.
[Read- The Pros & Cons of Wearing an Underwired Bra]
Styles of T-Shirt Bras
Women of all sizes can wear a shirt bra. A t-shirt bra refers to the manufacturing technology, and the cup’s features, not a cup style. So, one should select the style of a T-shirt bra according to their requirement. Here are few different types of cuts available in T-shirt bras:
These cater to needs of full-figured curvy women, preventing any side spill-offs. Avoid wearing them under deep neck tops and revealing sari blouses as they often tend to peep out to embarrassing proportions.
DEMI – CUP:
As the name indicates, Demi-cup bras are custom made to cover only half portion of breasts. Generally women of almost all body types prefer them for convenience of styling with outfits that feature varied necklines.
[Read- Know The Right Bra Cup For Your Breast Type]
PLUNGE OR DEEP NECK:
These deep-cut moulded t-shirt bras allow for daring outfits with deep plunging necklines. The centre point of such bras lies below breasts level. Women with fuller breasts are warned of spill-offs from centre front & therefore shouldn’t opt for plunge style bras.
STRAPLESS OR MULTIPURPOSE BRAS:
Strapless t-shirt bra is equipped with pads or side boning. Team them up with any cute strapless top or dress. Heavy-breasted ladies might like wearing these with detachable transparent straps for added support. These bras offer attachment points to be styled variedly as strapless, off shoulder, cross back or one shoulder.
PUSH – UP:
T-shirt bras also come with inbuilt push-up pads ensuring greater & better lift. Modest bust women, here comes your savior! The push-up t-shirt bras further branches into varied styles for specific apparel choices.
T-shirt bras, best compliments for :
T-shirt bras are famed for rendering a fantastically toned silhouette when worn under t-shirts and tops. But its functionality doesn’t end just here. T-shirt bras have potentials to rock the show with literally any apparel. From everyday casual wear to office wear and traditional Indian wear these are highly adaptable. They go invisible below your outerwear, which make them indispensable for every wardrobe.
- Tank tops, T-shirts , polos or spaghetti tops: These types of clothing sit nearer to body. Select a T-shirt bra that has minimal design and trims for an enviably no-show effect!
- Clingy or flowy blouses: Silk, chiffon, crepe & georgette are so light-weight, so a wrongly chosen bra may play disaster with your entire look. A wisely chosen T-shirt bra can complement even such flowy fabric.
- Traditional wear: With kurtis and suits a t-shirt bras ensures flawless smooth look. Select a padded version for a more wholesome look.
The Perks of Sporting T-shirt Bra:
- No Bra Lines: T-shirt bras are specially designed to complement figure-hugging clothes sans bra-lines showing. Their seamless cups go invisible under any clothing.
- No-show effect! : It’s high time women get over ‘wardrobe malfunction’ issues. With a moulded T-shirt bra there’s no need for additional nipple covers. Go for light-padded styles when nipples tend to cast impressions on outerwear.
- Shaping: Most t-shirt bras, being moulded, have thin layer of foam added to bra-cups. These bras are engineered to naturally enhance your shape & render a more rounded & curvaceous appearance to your form.
Latest posts by Editorial Desk (see all)
- Video: Blogger Tip – Budget Friendly buying! - December 17, 2022
- Video: Must-Have Nightsuits for Summers - December 15, 2022
- Learn the Subtle Art of Step-by-Step Deconstructing a Bra - December 13, 2022