What is the Best Shapewear Post Pregnancy?April 3, 2018 3 min read
When it comes to having a baby, the body goes through a lot of changes. It’s not surprising that you may need extra help in getting it back into shape once your baby is born. From celebrities to brides, shapewear has become the go-to undergarment for women who want to look and feel their best. These body shapers are designed for temporary all-over compression to slim the appearance of the waist, hips, thighs, and buttocks.
1. Shapewear for Stomach
When it comes to shapewear for stomach, the best advised shapewears are girdles/belly wraps. They can be pulled up like a pair of pants and have a latch on the bottom to prevent them from riding.
Also make sure that the shapewear in question is long enough to come up just underneath or over the ribs. Some of them stop in the middle of the stomach and that’s really no good because then the stomach spills out the top instead of the bottom.
- Holds the stomach in while also holding up the butt and breasts.
- Sleek design that isn’t noticeable under clothing.
- Can be used for shaping your hips, ribs, waistline, butt, breasts, and stomach.
- Fairly comfortable under clothing.
- Designed and recommended for daily wear immediately after the baby is born.
- Helps improve posture and provides back relief.
2. Shapewear for Thighs
The last area to focus on is the legs and thighs. Sadly, it seems like a good percentage of the weight gained during pregnancy goes to the legs and using shapewear helps to hold it in firmly in a way that doesn’t make you look like you just gave birth.
- Can be worn under the clothes without being noticeable.
- Helps to shape the thigh and butt. Offers great support
- High waist band that stays firmly in place.
3. Shapewear for Hips
Women commonly find that their hips are much wider after they’ve given birth and they don’t always go back to size they were before they had their baby.
To address this, they use shapewear but often find that even though the shapewear might wrap around your hips, it’s often not tight enough to pull them back together. Because of this, a tummy tucking high waist brief is recommended.
- Can be worn under or over the clothing
- Can be worn 6-8 hours a day (not recommended at bedtime)
Latest posts by Kusum Manral (see all)
- Top 5 Best Bra Designs To Wear With Sarees - November 2, 2018
- Wondering What Bra Will Go Best With Lehenga Choli - November 1, 2018
- Top 10 Bras for Office Wear - October 31, 2018