Perform Breast Self Examination in Simple Steps For Healthy Living
How to conduct Breast Self Examination?
Breast self examination, popularly known as BSE is a technique, which allows a woman to recognise the visible or physical changes in her breasts. This examination plays an important role in recognising factors, which can cause harm to your breast and body health.
BEFORE LOOKING AT THE STEPS, SOME TIPS, WHICH ARE AS HELPFUL AS BSE
- BSE should be done every month after your menstrual cycle ends.
- In case of pregnancy, menopause or irregular menstrual cycle, a specific date of the month should be chosen for the examination.
- In case, you do notice a lump, then please do not panic. Seeing the doctor for a proper evaluation should be your next step. Always remember that not all lumps are harmful.
WHAT ARE THE STEPS TO SELF-EXAMINE YOUR BREASTS?
- Stand in front of the mirror and look at your naked breast.
- Check for changes like colour, size and shape.
- If you observe any of the following changes, consult a doctor immediately:
- Puckering, bulging and dimpling of the skin.
- Change position of the nipple or inverted ones (remember your nipples should be puckered up not pushed fully inside)
- Any swelling, redness, soreness and rash breakouts
Next just repeat the same steps with your arms raised above your head.
Lie down and just roll to your left side to examine the right breast.
- Rest your other arm on your forehead to ensure that your breast should be flat to your chest. If you want to comfortable then just put a pillow under your shoulder or back.
- Now, using the flat tips of your fingers press in circular motions on the side, middle and underside. The intensity should first be light, then medium and deep motion.
- Check for any lumps or puckering of the skin. If any then report the same thing to the doctor.
- Repeat the same steps on your left breast.
Feel your breasts in the shower. Cover the same hand movements described in Step 4.
Latest posts by Editorial Desk (see all)
- Video: Blogger Tip – Budget Friendly buying! - December 17, 2022
- Video: Must-Have Nightsuits for Summers - December 15, 2022
- Learn the Subtle Art of Step-by-Step Deconstructing a Bra - December 13, 2022