Everything You Need to Know About Strapless Bras
Want to don all those daring tube outfits, but hesitant about what to wear underneath? Say hello to strapless bras! One of the coolest innovations in the underfashion industry, strapless bras are truly a must-have for every lingerie wardrobe today.
Here, we have tried to shed maximum light on strapless bras for you to make an informed decision.
What are strapless bras?
Clearly evident from the name, strapless bras are the bras that do not have straps. You can wear them underneath your gorgeous tube and off-shoulder outfits without worrying about strap show. While these bras certainly allow a lot of freedom to wear what you want, they are usually less supportive than others as they mainly comprise of a thick band.
Well, the good part is that today, there are numerous types of strapless bras; some of them even include cups and wires. All you have to do is figure out what kind of support you need and then choose a bra accordingly.
What are the types of strapless bras?
Below, we have enlisted some strapless bra styles you can stock up in your wardrobe as per your preference and body type.
1. Padded strapless bras: If you want to get a smooth silhouette, opt for padded strapless bras. Pads enhance the breasts shape and protect your modesty at the same time.
2. Push-up strapless bras: If you want to get a perkier cleavage, push-up strapless bras are your thing. They push your breasts towards the centre, adding a cup size or two to your original breast size, providing a gentle lift.
3. Non-padded strapless bras: Popularly known as tube bras, these are probably the most common type of strapless bras. They are simply made of thick band, which is responsible for providing support.
4. Wired strapless bras: These are the best bet for people with bigger bust size. Wires offer the adequate amount of support and assure a smooth shape underneath most of your outfits.
5. Silicon bras: Last but not the least, you can choose easy to stick silicon bras. Simply place them on your cups and there you go!
How to choose a strapless bra?
Even after being well-versed with the bra styles, you might need a rundown on the tips to buy a strapless bra. Here are some of them.
1. Stick to the size: Sure, choosing the right sized bra is always important, but it is even more important for strapless bras as they lack support of straps. You need to ensure that the band is snug to not fall down or cause spillage.
2. Right grip: Make sure you choose a strapless bra secured with good quality silicon elastic. After all, you don’t want to become a victim of wardrobe malfunction.
3. Strap support: If you’re not comfortable with completely going without straps, you can choose strapless bras that have removable transparent straps. They lend you that extra support without any ugly bra peeks.
4. Comfortable side boning: Side boning is responsible for maintaining the bra’s fit and form, so make sure that it is comfortable and sturdy enough.
5. More hooks: If you have larger bust size, adhere to strapless bras with more hooks to get stability. Opt for bras that have a broader band with large sized hooks for the perfect fit.
Now that you have gathered ample information of strapless bras, it’s time to wear all those racerback, strapless, tube, and off shoulder outfits in style. So, what are you waiting for? Get trendy today!
Latest posts by Anubhuti Gupta (see all)
- The Right Yoga Bra Picks for Your Body Type - May 18, 2020
- 5 Best Bra & Panty Sets – Summer Collection - May 12, 2020
- Clovia’s COVID Care Collection- Fight Against the Novel Coronavirus - May 1, 2020