5 steps to know if breast cancer is lurking around
Stay tension-free with few breast self-examination steps!
- Put your arms on the hips and examine your breasts in the mirror. Look for dimpling, puckering or bulging of the skin. Is there any redness, soreness, rash or swelling?
- Raise your arms over your head and look for the same changes.
- With your arms still over your head, look for any signs of fluid coming out of any of both nipples.
- Lie down on your back. Use your right hand to feel your left breast. Keep your fingers flat and complete an outer circle. Then move in 1 inch towards the nipple and complete another circle. Keep repeating till you reach the nipple. You’re looking for a lump. Repeat for the other breast.
- Feel your breasts in the shower. It’s easier when the skin is wet and slippery. Cover the same hand moments described in step
Found a lump or any other breast changes. Don’t panic. It could be many other things other than cancer. But, it’s best to check with your doctor without any delay.