Hello Fitness Freak! Here’s All You Need To Know About Sports Bra
How to Find that Perfect Sports Bra?
Being an athlete or sports woman is all about maintaining high personal health standards. Yet there are still chances you might not be paying proper attention to the health of your breasts. The muscles along your chest might be well-defined or toned-up. But since breasts don’t have muscles, any wear & tear to the loose breast tissues is highly possible.
What is a Sports Bra?
A Sports Bra is indispensable for any physically active woman. It acts as a great support to breasts, preventing them from sagging and injury during vigorous physical activities.
Different Sports bras styles are ideal for all kinds of sports ranging from low impact yoga to high impact running.
Even if you’re not into active sports you can still avail different styles of Sports bras for any occasional participation into playful sports activities. It’s better to be well equipped for such occasions.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT IMPACT LEVELS OF SPORTS BRAS?
A good sports bra guarantees great support and protection. Sports bras today are performance oriented and specifically designed for three levels of support based on intensity of the work-out – low, medium and high.
HIGH IMPACT:These aim at higher levels of physical activity such as running, racquet sports, aerobics and dancing.
MEDIUM IMPACT:This category supports moderate degrees of physical activity like hiking, brisk walking, road cycling etc.
LOW IMPACT:Such sports bras are meant for less vigorous physical activities involving slow movements like yoga, pilates and stretching.
What are the Type of Sports Bras?
According to the type and level of physical activity, sports bras come in various categories & styles:
1. COMPRESSION SPORTS BRAS:
2. ENCAPSULATION SPORTS BRAS:
A variety of fabrics go into manufacturing of sports bras. Bras made of synthetic material tend to be more performance oriented. Cotton-spandex fabric allows for breathability but are low on moisture wicking Choose your category of sports bra according to sports bra importance that is your comfort and the level of physical activity you intend to involve in. There are a great many styles of sports bras available. Some of the trending styles are enumerated below guiding you towards the best kind of sports bra suiting your body type.
3. CRISS-CROSS BACK:
This is the most popular style in sports bras. The shoulder straps join together between shoulder blades to create a Y-shape. Racerback bras provide good support for high intensity work outs.
Popular with teens, these sports bras are basically tank tops with elasticized bottom-lining ending below the breasts. These are ideal for low impact activity such as yoga or stretching. Since they are not very supportive, large breasted women should avoid wearing them.
6. BACK CLASP:
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO GET YOURSELF THE RIGHT SPORTS BRA FIT?
It is very important that the sports bra you’re willing to purchase fits your bust well. Grab an inch tape and measure yourself around to know your perfect size before hitting the shops for a new sports bra.
Here’s an easy sports bra fitting guide for best choice of Sports Bras. Try them on before making the final purchase. For best results jump or stretch a little to see if they allow flexibility.
DO’S & DON’TS OF BUYING A SPORTS BRA!
- Sports bras are meant to fit slightly tighter than regular ones so it is better to opt for styles that allow comfort & breathability.
- 0% tolerance to chafing! Make sure there is no chafing around the armholes, shoulder straps or back hooks or snaps.
- The straps should be wide and comfortable. Tight and narrow straps tend to dig in causing pain and discomfort. Looser straps fail to provide optimum support. For better back support you can opt for a racer-back style.
- The band provides maximum support in any bra. So, a bra with firm grip would be best for you. While testing for perfect fit, move your arms up and down. If the bra tends to move along go for smaller size.
- The cup fabric should be strong and supportive. Light padded cups works the best for support as well as protection.
- If you are planning to lose weight, measure yourself after every few months as any weight change can result in change of bra size.
HOW TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR SPORTS BRA?
A good sport bra generally has a lifespan of 12 to15 months.
Get used to the following hacks for ensuring extended life of your sports bras:
- Wash the bra in cold water. Use mild detergent. Hot water can break the spandex fibres. Avoid fabric softeners and bleach.
- Always flat dry. Never tumble dry.
- Replace the bra immediately if too much pilling is visible. These can be broken ends of the spandex fibers. Generally you start feeling the need for new bras when breasts experience any discomfort during regular workouts.
If you’re a woman who enjoys working out or playing sports, you know that having the right gear is essential. And when it comes to workout clothes, one of the most important items for women is a good bra. A good sports bra can make all the difference in your comfort and performance while working out. Check out our ultimate guide to know about finding the perfect one for your needs. We’ve included information on different types of sports bras, how to measure yourself, and what to look for when shopping. Plus, we’ve rounded up some of the tips to take care of your sports bra in the right manner.
Latest posts by Editorial Desk (see all)
- Enhance your home decorations this Ganesh Chaturthi - September 20, 2023
- 26 ਬ੍ਰਾ ਦੀਆਂ ਕਿਸਮਾਂ ਹਰ ਕੁੜੀ ਨੂੰ 2023 ਵਿੱਚ ਪਤਾ ਹੋਣਾ ਚਾਹੀਦਾ ਹੈ: ਪੂਰੀ ਬ੍ਰਾ ਸਟਾਈਲ ਗਾਈਡ - July 21, 2023
- દરેક છોકરી માટે ખાસ 26 પ્રકારની 2023 ની બ્રા : સંપૂર્ણ બ્રા ગાઈડ. - July 17, 2023