Benefits of Retinol in Skincare Products
A skincare ingredient that has been around for many, many years now but recently, whose demand has significantly shot up in the skincare industry. Can you guess what we’re talking about? Yes, it’s none other than retinol. Regarded as a miracle ingredient that keeps ageing at bay, retinol has found its way into many skin care products today. From serums to creams to facial oils, retinol is almost everywhere.
But, what is retinol? How does it help our skin? And, does it really make us look young?!
If you find yourself asking similar questions, then look no further. Because we are here to give you a lowdown on all things retinol – discuss its advantages, recommend the best retinol-based products and even explain how you can go about using them.
What is Retinol?
Simply put, retinol is a derivative of Vitamin A that gives a ‘plumping’ effect to the skin. When incorporated into skincare, retinol works effectively to boost collagen and elastin production and promote cell turnover. This helps to minimize signs of ageing, treat acne and inflammation and ultimately, give you healthy and blemish-free skin.
Remarkable Advantages of Retinol-Based Skincare Products
1. Anti-Ageing Properties – One of the most touted benefits of retinol is its role in making the skin look as youthful as ever! Retinol helps to prevent the occurrence of wrinkles as well as helps smoothen out any existing fine lines, wrinkles and creases on the face. Isn’t that amazing? But that’s not all. It also rids your skin of large pores, dents and uneven textures. The result? Smooth, ultra-soft and younger-looking skin that is all yours to flaunt!
2. Treats Acne – Acne and acne scars? No more! Thanks to retinol and its anti-inflammatory and microbial properties. Retinol-based products effectively prevent, minimize and treat breakouts, acne, boils and pimples. Moreover, they also help in reducing any redness, swelling and inflammation on the skin. If you find your skin breaking out often, you must consider adding a retinol product to your routine.
3. Brightens Complexion – Goodbye dull skin! Retinol comes infused with some incredible exfoliating properties that help the skin get rid of dirt, grime, dead cells, excess oil and sebum. It also clears up the pores! One can say that it helps eliminate all the imperfections from our face, rewarding it with a new complexion that is bright, glowing and oh-so-smooth.
4. Fades Dark Spots And Pigmentation – As mentioned, retinol comprises vitamin A residues that help cure hyperpigmentation. Whether it is sun damage, scars, dark spots, uneven skin tone, or skin discolouration, using retinol can single-handedly eliminate all of these skin concerns. It seamlessly absorbs into the skin and functions efficiently in treating and banishing dark spots and pigmentation.
5. Promotes Collagen – As we age, our collagen production aka cell turnover rate slows down. But retinol is here to our rescue again! The main benefit of this wonder ingredient and the secret behind its increase in demand is its ability to stimulate collagen production. Collagen production or collagen synthesis is the death of old skin cells and the formation of new ones. In this process, retinol penetrates deep into your skin, repairs tissues and gives you hydrated and supple new skin.
Clovia Botaniqa Retinol Face Serum with Vitamin E & Lactic Acid
If you have come so far in this article and are convinced of adding retinol to your beauty routine, then allow us to recommend the best retinol serum to you. This retinol face serum by Clovia Botaniqa is enriched with vitamin E, lactic acid, grapefruit extract and glycolic acid. Together these premium ingredients work in harmony to give you firmer and brighter skin. They promote collagen, help to shed dead skin as well as boost new skin cell growth. The serum also acts as a natural toner and helps treat acne and infections and prevents new breakouts. Bid adieu to wrinkles, dark spots, pigmentation, blemishes, uneven skin tone and say hello to healthy, youthful skin with Clovia Botaniqa’s Retinol face serum.
The serum is free from harmful toxins, sulphates and parabens and is, in fact, made only of natural Ayurvedic ingredients. Infuse the goodness of Ayurveda into your skincare routine with this serum and adopt a healthy and safe skincare experience.
Q1. Is retinol safe to use? Are there any side effects?
A1. Yes, retinol is entirely safe to use, provided you use it with caution. For those using retinol for the first time, introduce it into your routine by using it only a few nights a week. Once your skin is accustomed to it and has built a tolerance for retinol, you can gradually increase the usage.
Q2. How can I add retinol to my routine?
A2.Cleanse your face and pat it dry. Take a pea-sized amount of your retinol product and apply it all over your face, tapping lightly with your fingertips.
Q3. How often should I apply retinol?
A3.Once your skin has built a tolerance for retinol, you can use it every day. Remember to apply it only at night, as that is when retinol works its best results on your skin.
Q4. Can I apply retinol around my eyes?
A4.Yes, the area around your eyes can actually benefit from retinol owing to its anti-ageing properties. However, test the product on other areas of your face before applying it around your eyes. If you find the eye area drying with retinol, follow up with a thick moisturizer afterward.
Q5. Can men and women both use retinol?
A5.Yes, people of all genders can use retinol-based products. As we always say, skincare is never bound by genders and is open to anyone who wishes to maintain and improve their skin.
Latest posts by Sarah Kutiyanawala (see all)
- The Complete Guide to Anti-Hair Fall Products - June 30, 2021
- How to Choose a Perfect Running T-shirt - June 17, 2021
- Different Types of Lingerie and Styles of Lingerie for Every Body Type - June 2, 2021