What Is a Serum & How to Choose the Best Serum?
If you’re into makeup or skincare, you probably know that serums are getting popular these days. We all generally know that a serum is a liquid that you add between your cleanser and moisturizer and that it includes active ingredients to assist with skin problems. So what exactly is a face serum? Serums are skincare products that contain high amounts of various active ingredients like vitamins, peptides, acids and a lot more. These active ingredients combine and target specific skincare concerns and resolve them. Serums are usually translucent, gel-based or liquid and these are thinner than moisturizers.
How can it help your skin?
Although serums are indeed nourishing and help to treat many skin issues, they also have noticeable benefits and advantages.
1) After applying serum, the collagen and Vitamin C content in your skin will drastically boost and this will improve the texture of your skin, making it firmer and smoother. This makes your skin look healthier and younger.
2) With frequent use of serum, particularly the one containing natural ingredients, there will be fewer scars, wounds, pimples and other marks. The serum reduces the appearance and gives you an even tone.
3) Serum reduces the size of open pores, which means fewer blackheads and whiteheads.
4) Serums like under eye serums also have visible benefits, with the reduction of dryness, puffiness, dark circles and fine lines. They give an immediate boost to the eyes and make them look brighter.
5) There will be less inflammation, dryness and redness with the regular use of serums, and the skin will appear fresh, healthy and moisturized.
How to choose the best formula?
Serums contain a wide variety of ingredients, from common to exotic, depending on your goals. Here are few common ingredients to watch out for:
1) Vitamin C
It’s a common and natural anti-ageing ingredient. If you’re in your late 30s or 40s and have dry and patchy skin, look for a serum that contains vitamin C in it. This powerful ingredient not only improves skin texture and immunity but also builds collagen, so make sure it is included in your skincare regimen on a regular basis.
2) Hyaluronic acids
This ingredient is another best one to treat dehydrated and patchy skin. These trap in the skin’s natural moisture and water levels, and make sure that it doesn’t lose any of its natural moisture. This ingredient makes your skin look naturally healthy and glowing.
Antioxidants are very essential to protect the skin from stress and environmental pollution. These also help in reducing pigmentation, fine lines and wrinkles.
The serum which contains retinol as an ingredient treats acne as well as fine lines and wrinkles.
If you are team sensitive skin, use a serum with anti-inflammatory properties. This will prevent redness, breakouts, dryness and inflammation.
How should I choose a serum?
Now, this can be a problem because there are numerous options available in the market, and all of them promise beautiful and healthy skin. Take the following two factors into consideration if you want to buy the best one for you:
1. Do you want to get rid of fine lines and dark patches around the mouth? Or reduce the random dark spots on your face? Find a serum that resolves just what you need.
2. Consider your skin type. If you have acne-prone and oily skin, pick a face serum that has salicylic acid and retinol. For dry skins, try something with Vitamin C and hyaluronic acid. And if you have sensitive skin, try a serum that has natural ingredients as natural ingredients always show the best result.
Introducing Clovia Botaniqa Vitamin C Face Serum
This vitamin C serum is highly rich in natural antioxidants and hydrants making skin radiant, healthy, brighter and even-toned. This serum is made out of all natural ingredients. It helps in reducing fine lines, wrinkles, controls hyperpigmentation and hydrates skin all day. It also fights ageing by retaining skin elasticity and keeps your skin fresh and young.
The special ingredients present in this serum are:
1. Vitamin C: This natural ingredient reduces wrinkles, boosts collagen production and enhances the skin texture and tone. This serum also reduces melanin production in the skin, which helps to reduce hyperpigmentation and dark spots.
2. Aloe Vera: It controls hyperpigmentation, hydrates the skin and gives an even and healthy skin tone.
3. Hyaluronic Acid: It fights against signs of ageing by retaining skin elasticity, deeply nourishes the skin and makes it look healthy & young looking.
1. Why is serum important for the skin?
Serums contain a high concentration of active ingredients. An antioxidant-based serum will protect the skin against damage caused by free radicals. Vitamins C and E are common antioxidants that are used to improve firmness and texture.
2. Can we use face serum daily?
Yes. Most face serums are safe to be applied twice daily. Once in the morning on a cleansed face and once at night before bed.
Latest posts by Mahigna (see all)
- Best Bikini Panties in 2021 - September 21, 2021
- 7 Guidelines to Keep in Mind When Buying a Good Sports Bra - September 20, 2021
- The Best Backless Bras for Every Cup Size - September 15, 2021