What Are Core Strengthening Workouts? How May They Help You?
Core strengthening workouts are exercises that specifically target and strengthen the muscles of the core, which include the muscles of the abdomen, lower back, pelvis, and hips. These workouts aim to improve the stability, balance, and overall strength of the core muscles, leading to better posture, reduced risk of injury, and enhanced athletic performance.
If you’re a beginner you may feal difficulty indulging yourself in workouts, but with time you will master them. Not only the core strengthening exercises but also all other exercises. So without further ado let’s get you acquainted with popular & easy core exercises that you can do at home.
Top 5 Core Strengthening Workouts
These exercises are easy to do and you should not do them for hours. You need to stay in pose for some seconds are repeat them for a few times let say 5, 10, or 15. So let’s start with poses one by one.
Plank: Assume a push-up position, resting your weight on your forearms and toes. Keep your body straight and hold the position for a specific duration, such as 30 seconds to a minute. This exercise engages the abdominal muscles, lower back, and shoulders.
Russian twists: Sit on the floor with your knees bent and feet lifted slightly off the ground. Lean back slightly while keeping your back straight. Hold your hands together or hold a weight and twist your torso from side to side, touching the floor on each side. This exercise targets the oblique muscles.
Bicycle crunches: Lie on your back with your hands behind your head and lift your legs off the ground, knees bent at a 90-degree angle. Alternate bringing your right elbow towards your left knee while extending the right leg and then vice versa. This exercise engages the rectus abdominis and oblique muscles.
Superman Pose: Lie keeping your face down on the floor with your arms extended overhead and legs straight. Simultaneously lift your arms, chest, and legs off the ground, squeezing your glutes and lower back. Hold the position for a few seconds and then lower back down. This exercise targets the lower back muscles.
Bird Dogs: Begin on your hands and knees with your hands directly under your shoulders and your knees under your hips. Simultaneously extend your right arm forward and left leg backwards, keeping them parallel to the floor. Hold briefly and then return to the starting position. Repeat with the opposite arm and leg. This exercise activates the core muscles, including the deep stabilizers.
Every exercise benefits you in one way or another. In addition to that these exercises can be done from the comfort of your home. So the women who aren’t comfortable going gym can do these exercises. Now let’s deep dive into benefits.
How Core Strengthening Exercises Help You?
Core strengthening exercises provide numerous benefits for the body. Here are some ways they can help you:
1. Improved posture: Strong core muscles provide stability and support to the spine, helping you maintain good posture. By strengthening the muscles of the abdomen, lower back, and pelvis, core exercises can help prevent slouching and promote an upright posture.
2. Enhanced balance: Be it a workout, dance, running or yoga, balance is important. And that balance comes from core muscles. Strengthening these muscles improves your overall stability and balance, which can help prevent falls and injuries. A strong core allows for better control and coordination of movements.
3. Enhanced athletic performance: Many athletic movements rely on a strong and stable core. Whether you’re running, jumping, lifting weights, or participating in sports, a strong core helps generate power, transfer energy efficiently, and maintain proper form and technique. By improving core strength, athletes can enhance their performance, agility, and overall athletic abilities.
4. Functional strength for daily activities: Core strength is essential for performing everyday tasks and activities with ease. Whether it’s bending down to lift something, carrying groceries, or maintaining stability while walking on uneven surfaces, a strong core provides the foundation for functional movements. Core exercises help you develop the necessary strength and stability to handle these activities more effectively and reduce the risk of strain or injury.
5. Relief from back pain: Core strengthening exercises can be beneficial for individuals experiencing back pain. By strengthening the muscles that support the spine, core exercises can help alleviate pain and improve spinal stability. However, it’s important to consult with a healthcare professional or physical therapist if you have chronic or severe back pain, as they can provide specific guidance and exercises tailored to your condition.
Regularly incorporating core workouts into your fitness routine can contribute to your overall strength, well-being, and quality of life. As your stamina improves and you feel stronger and inclined towards other workouts. Over time this will lead to a healthy lifestyle.