5 Differences Between a Push Up Bra and a Normal Bra
Braland is a world of wonder. Push up bra, padded bra, underwired bra – name it and they have it. You think it’s a single piece of clothing with a simple design. But, you’re wrong! You’ll be astounded to know the variety of bras available today. Gone are the days when a woman had to wear a the same style of bra with every piece of clothing she wore. Today, the bras are custom made taking into consideration the shape of the dress. Whether its a push-up bra for party numbers or a normal bra for everyday wear, the functionality of a bra is totally dependent on the outfit you choose to wear.
First let us understand what a push-up bra and a normal bra is.
A Normal bra is an undergarment that supports the breasts giving it a better shape and lift. It is an everyday wear which can be teamed with almost everything and anything. They are available with and without padding & wires. Regular bras are available in half coverage cups and full coverage cups. Depending on need, preference and outfit, one can choose the desired combination of bra style.
However, a Push-up bra has padded cups with a extra padding at the lower part of the cup. The padding is at an angle that pushes the breasts muscles towards the centre, uplifting them and creating a visible cleavage. Many of such push-up bras come with underwired cups that add on to the support, lifting the breasts making them look fuller and rounder. Push-up bras have demi cups that allow the cleavage to show under slightly low necklines. Push-up bras come with different level of angular padding and hence they can be categorized as Level 1, Level 2 & Level 3 push up.
Normal Bra V/s Push-Up Bra
Now that we have an in-depth understanding of the two types. Let us look at 5 major difference between a normal bra & a push up bra.
Normal Bra –
- A normal bra doesn’t enhance your cleavage
- Normal bras can be either demi cup or full cup
- A regular bra maybe with or without padding
- It may or may not have underwired cups
- It can be worn with almost all kinds of outfits
Push-Up Bra –
- A push-up bra pushes the breasts together, resulting in a visible cleavage
- Push-up bras are usually half or demi cups to flaunt the enhanced cleavage
- A push-up bra has padding at a certain angle
- Push-up bras usually have underwired cups for added lift and support
- A push-up bra is usually worn with party numbers & low neck outfits. But, its always a personal choice.
Q.1- Can I wear push up bra on everyday basis?
Push-up bras are just like your regular padded bras except that fact that it has angular padding that enhances the cleavage. It you are comfortable with it, why not wear it everyday! A little attention never hurts anybody.
Q.2- Push up bras can make your breasts hurt if worn for a long duration
Please stop falling for this myth. Bras can never hurt you unless you are wearing the wrong size or a worn out bra. Push-up bras very gently lift your breast tissues and gives them a better shape. In fact, over a long usage of push-up bras it can help contour your breasts making the tissues rounder, fuller & firmer.
Q.3- Push up bras are for skinny girls
Push-up bra is a style that can make any woman feel confident instantly. It has the power to make your feel sexy and beautiful. Doesn’t matter if you’re a 32B or a 40 D, if you like to flaunt it please don it!
Q.4- Should I pick a smaller size while buying a push up bra?
Bra manufactures design bra styles keeping in mind the correct measurements to fit you while making sure give you that enhanced cleavage. So you should always stay true to your size no matter what style of bra you shop.
Check out my favorite video here!
Lingerie Stacking Hacks
Latest posts by Rachika Singh (see all)
- दैनिक उपयोग के लिए सर्वश्रेष्ठ ब्रा - June 17, 2021
- एक कम्पलीट ब्रा स्टाइल गाइड: हर लड़की इन 26 स्टाइल्स की ब्रा के बारे में पता होना चाहिए - June 16, 2021
- Top 4 Reasons to Say Goodbye to Your Old Bras - March 9, 2021