Face Oils( products)
“Cotton Non-Wired Non-Padded Printed Bra ” added to Bag.
“Cotton Non-Wired Non-Padded Printed Bra ” added to wishlist.
Shop Face Oils Online
As the name suggests face oils are meant for your face only. Face oils are a blend of many plant-based oils and nutrients, and are formulated to achieve different outcomes. These blends contain natural oils like jojoba oil, argan oil, rosehip oil, marula oil, or coconut oil, among others. Face oils are intended to nourish, hydrate, and protect the skin. You can include face oils in your skincare regimen.
They can also help to balance oil production, making them suitable for various skin types, including dry, oily, or combination skin. Face oils are often used in skincare routines as a final step, either applied alone or layered over moisturiser or serum.Skivia has a wide range of face oils meant to offer many benefits. These oils are derived from natural sources and are free of nasty chemicals. Do explore Skivia’s face oil range.
Why Do You Need Face Oils?
Face oils are not a necessary component of a skincare routine for everyone. However, they can provide various benefits and are favoured by many individuals for the following reasons:
- Hydration: The first & foremost reason for using face oils would be hydration. Face oils are rich in moisturizing properties that help to hydrate and nourish the skin. They help replenish moisture levels, especially for dehydrated skin types.
- Improved Skin Barrier: Face oils can strengthen the skin's natural barrier function. They help to maintain the integrity of the skin barrier, which is essential for keeping moisture in and irritants out. A healthy skin barrier contributes to a smoother, more resilient complexion.
- Highly Rich in Nutrients: Many face oils contain vitamins, antioxidants, and essential fatty acids that provide additional nutrients to the skin. These nutrients can support skin health, fight free radicals, and promote a more youthful appearance.
- Balancing Oil Production: Hard to believe but certain face oils control excess sebum protection. Jojoba oil has a similar structure to the skin's natural sebum. Applying it can help balance oil production, especially for those with oily or combination skin. The skin recognizes the presence of oils and can reduce its oil production accordingly.
- Soothing and Calming: Face oils often have anti-inflammatory and soothing properties, making them beneficial for sensitive or irritated skin. They can help reduce redness, calm inflammation, and provide relief to skin conditions such as eczema or rosacea.
- Enhancing Skincare: Face oils can be a luxurious addition to a skincare routine. They can be used as a final step in skincare to seal in the benefits of other products like serums or moisturizers. Face oils can enhance the absorption and efficacy of other skincare ingredients.
Types of Face Oils for Glow
There are various types of face oils available, each with its unique properties and benefits. Here are some commonly used face oils:
- Jojoba Oil: It is a lightweight and easily absorbed oil that closely resembles the skin's natural sebum. It helps to balance oil production, making it suitable for both dry and oily skin types. Jojoba oil is known for its moisturizing and soothing properties.
- Argan Oil: This is one of the most popular oils. Argan oil is rich in vitamin E, antioxidants, and fatty acids, making it a nourishing and hydrating oil. It helps to moisturize and soften the skin, reduce inflammation, and protect against environmental damage.
- Rosehip Oil: This oil is popular for brightening the skin, fading scars and hyperpigmentation. Overall it improves the skin tone & texture.
- Marula Oil: This oil is derived from marula fruit and is rich in antioxidants and fatty acids. It has moisturizing properties, helps to improve skin elasticity, and protects against environmental stressors. Marula oil is suitable for dry and aging skin.
- Coconut Oil: The most versatile oil is coconut oil. It has moisturizing and antimicrobial properties. It can help soften the skin, but it may be too heavy for some individuals, especially those with acne-prone or oily skin.
- Kumkumadi Oil: This oil is a blend of many herbs & natural ingredients. This oil is primarily used for anti-ageing. Kumkumadi oil has brightening & moisture properties.
- Evening Primrose Oil: This oil is extracted from the seeds of the evening primrose plant. It contains gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), an omega-6 fatty acid that helps to strengthen the skin barrier and reduce inflammation. Evening primrose oil is often used for dry and sensitive skin.
Apart from these oils, many face oils are available inSkivia.
How To Buy Face Oils for Glowing Skin?
When buying face oils, consider the following steps to ensure you choose the right product for your needs:
- Determine Your Skin Type: Understanding your skin type is crucial when selecting a face oil. Different oils work best for specific skin concerns. For example, dry skin types may benefit from richer oils, while oily or acne-prone skin may require lighter, non-comedogenic options. Knowing your skin type will help you narrow down the choices.
- Natural Ingredients: Look for face oils that contain beneficial ingredients for your skin concerns. For example, if you want to target hyperpigmentation, look for oils rich in vitamin C or rosehip oil. If you need hydration, consider oils with hyaluronic acid or squalane. Research the properties and benefits of different oils and choose the ones that align with your skincare goals.
- Quality & Purity: Opt for face oils that are of high quality and purity. Look for oils that are cold-pressed, as such methods help retain the oil's natural nutrients. Consider oils that are organic, free from synthetic fragrances or additives, and sourced sustainably.
- Consider Packaging: Look for face oils that come in opaque or dark-coloured glass bottles. Light and air can degrade the quality of the oil, so packaging that minimizes exposure to these elements is preferable.
- Molecular Size: Look for face oils with small molecular sizes as they get easily absorbed without clogging the pores. On the other hand, oils with large molecules might clog pores.
How To Use Face Oils Properly?
Using face oils can be tricky and might worsen the skin if you don’t know how to do it properly.
- Cleanse Your Face: Start with a clean and dry face. Use a gentle cleanser to remove any dirt, makeup, or impurities from your skin.
- Apply Face Toner (Optional): Apply it after cleansing and before applying the face oil. It helps balance the pH of your skin and prepares it for better absorption of the oil.
- Warm the Oil: Take a small quantity in your palm & rub your palms together gently. This helps improve its spreadability and enhances absorption.
- Apply to Face: Gently press the warmed oil onto your face. Start by applying the oil to the centre of your face (cheeks, forehead, nose, and chin), and then spread it outward using upward motions. Be gentle and avoid tugging or pulling on the skin.
- Allow Absorption: Give the face oil a few minutes to absorb into your skin before proceeding with the next steps of your skincare routine. This ensures that the oil has enough time to nourish and moisturize your skin.
- Layer or Seal with Moisturizer (Optional): Depending on your preference and skin needs, you can either use the face oil as the last step of your skincare routine or follow it with a moisturizer to lock in the benefits of the oil. If you choose to layer with a moisturizer, apply it after the oil has been absorbed.
Face oils are a great addition to your skincare regimen to boost the skin’s health as long as you know how to use them properly. Using face oils isn’t that tricky correct steps are mentioned above. They can be used as part of a skincare routine or as a standalone product. Remember that everyone's skin is different, and you may need to experiment with the oil & amount of oil and frequency of use to find the right balance for your skin. It's also essential to patch-test new face oils and discontinue use if you experience any irritation or adverse reactions.
Q1. How long should you leave face oil on?
A1. You can leave it on overnight. Some face oils are comedogenic those need to be washed off after 10-15 mins.
Q2. What should I look for in face oil?
A2. One of the most important things that you should look for in a face oil is a smaller molecule size. Jojoba & argan oils have smaller molecules and quickly penetrate the top layer(epidermis) without clogging the pores. On the other hand, oils with larger molecules might clog the pores.
Q3. How often should I use face oil?
A3. You can use it daily. Using face oils at night is recommended to avoid exposure to pollution & dirt.
Q4. Do you wash off face oil?
A4. Some oils you can leave on overnight but some oil should be washed within 10-15 minutes after application.
Q5. Are face oils necessary?
A5. No, they are optional however, they can boost the health of your skin and make it youthful because of being nutrient dense.
Q6. Can you sleep with face oil on?
A6. Yes, some oils need to be applied at night and are advised to be on overnight to work their magic.
Face Oils Price List