Nightwear often paints a pretty picture in our minds. The kind of fabric and design that goes into its creation is desirable. Nightwear also may be casually referred to as sleepwear, nightclothes, nightdress, nighties etc. Night slips are designed with comfort to be worn while sleeping. The style of nightwear used to vary depending upon seasons in the olden days, with warmer styles being worn in colder conditions and light airy ones in the warm weather. The scenario is little different in the modern world. Some styles and materials are selected to be visually appealing and erotic in addition to their functional purposes. Exotic lacy night wear are chosen by the young brides to create romantic nights. Funky night slips and pyjamas are preferred by young girls and camisoles serve to be a mass choice. Be it the sexy and sultry romantic nights or funky and girlie pyjama parties, there is a night wear for every need.
A Glossary for the night wears….A-Z
• Adult onesie and footed sleep suits are generally worn by adults. These are similar to the ones worn by babies. Varieties of designs are available to suit every taste.
• Babydolls are sexy and they have a wide range of creativity inculcated into them. They are suitable for fashion friendly young girls and brides-to-be.
• Blanket sleeper, this is not much of a night wear, it is a warm sleeping garment for kids and young ones.
• Chemise is referred to as a sexy sleep wear. It is a tantalizing and provocative in all its positive sense. These are similar to babydolls with a tighter fit at the hips.
• Negligees are the comfortably fitted, sensuous nightwear for women. These are woven out of sheer semi-translucent fabrics and trimmed with exotic laces and cute bows to make a woman look sexy and adorable.
• Nightgowns are the age old definition of classy nightwear. These are loose dangling nightwear for women and they provide great comfort as they are typically made from smooth fabrics like cotton, silk, satin, or nylon.
• Nightshirts are loose-fitting long shirts. These are popular among young girls for the ease and comfort they provide.
• Nightcap is referred to a warm cloth cap which is worn by women with pajamas and nightgowns.
• Pajamas are beloved for the kind of fit and comfort they provide. These are basically loose fitting two-piece garments for women. Even men and children can have pajamas for them. These are made from soft and smooth fabrics like cotton, silk, satin or other suitable materials.
• Peignoir is very exotic and sexy. This is a long over coat made for women from sheer fabrics and chiffon. They are usually paired up with matching nightgowns, negligee or sexy panties.